12/23/2011 UPDATE: The position has been filled. Thank you so much to everyone who helped spread the word and for your interest. Merry Christmas.
We are looking to hire a marketing director, and I thought I would post the job listing here in case any of you are interested, or know anyone who may be qualified and interested. The requirements and application process are described below. Thanks in advance for your interest, and for passing this along.
Location: Currently we operate out of a small home office in West Seattle, but construction of a new West Seattle studio is underway and near completion.
About us: We are a commercial photography business that focuses on editorial and advertising photography, both locally and nationally. Our business has steadily grown over the past ten years, and the photographer has been recognized by multiple national and international contests and awards. He has photographed Fortune 500 CEO’s, National bestselling book covers, and many celebrities. His work has appeared in Time, Wired, Forbes, Inc., Fast Company, and Glamour to name a few. We consist of one full-time photographer, a part-time office manager, and frequently work with freelance artists on a per-project basis.
About you: We are looking for a business-minded individual who is passionate about marketing, social media, and networking, who wants to make your mark on a business and help it grow. Skills that are required for this job: self-motivated/driven, detail-oriented, organized, relational, flexible, an appreciation for creativity, and a sense of humor. While this job will start as a part-time position (20-25 hours a week), through your efforts and tireless pursuit, the position can grow to full-time. Your job duties will immediately include establishing a yearly marketing plan, managing the blog and social media, developing relationships with current and prospective clients and sponsors, handling press inquiries, and scheduling speaking engagements.
Are you the person at a Christmas party who can walk up to someone you don’t know and have an interesting conversation? Then you would be our ideal candidate, someone who is great with people, and can make a great first impression.
Are you the person who can persuade a vacation rental owner with a no-pet policy to allow you to bring your pet? Then we need you, because your strong communication skills and persistence will help us achieve and even exceed our goals.
Are you the first among your friends to get the flu shot when winter approaches? Then you are the person we are looking for, who is always ahead of the curve and has gotten things done before others even realize it needs to be done.
You will be a key contributor and play a pivotal role in determining the direction and the success of this business. This job has tremendous growth potential, and we hope great personal satisfaction.
College degree required
At least one year of marketing experience (internships included). However, if you blow us away with your resume, application, or interview, we would be willing to look past this.
Must be flexible and a hard worker
No third party agencies/recruiters
How to Apply:
Respond to this ad with an email containing your resume (inline or attached as a PDF) and cover letter. Also, answer three (3) of the following four (4) questions in your response (your pick). A short paragraph on each should be sufficient. All inquiries will be replied to and kept in confidence.
1. We are big believers that details make all the difference. Tell us a couple details about your car (or the bus if that’s how you roll) that you especially like or dislike. And then tell us what you would do differently if you ran Ford or Metro King County Transit.
2. A new bakery opened up in your neighborhood three weeks ago, but nobody is going to it. If you were the owner, describe what you would do to attract customers, and keep them coming back.
3. What do you like about Arrested Development, and give us your opinion on why it was cancelled.
4. List two statements, rules, or principals that you have found invaluable in your life/work experience, explain why they are so important to you, and list examples of when they have applied.
- Location: West Seattle
- Compensation: Depends on qualifications – but negotiable
- This is a part-time job with great potential to become full-time.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.